22 participants of Kadaster Curaçao have received the official QGIS certificate
In the past two weeks I gave a QGIS introduction course to employees of Kadaster in Curaçao.
Here are some of the topics covered in the course:
- How to georeference a scanned map
- How to digitize vector data
- How to use OpenStreetMap data and perform vector analysis
- How to collect field data with Mergin Maps
- How to work with raster data
- How to add online data from the Maptiler plugin and create a beautiful map for Christoffel Nationaal Park
- How to design a map in the Print Layout
The participants also evaluated each other's final maps and we discussed the feedback. All 22 participants have successfully completed the course and have received today the official QGIS certificate. Well done!
We also had some fun with Kahoot quizes. The winners were Soenita van Dongen-Sattoe and Giscard Gomperts, who received QGIS mugs as prizes. Congratulations!
It was a pleasure to work with this enthusiastic group. This was the first in-person course abroad delivered by QWAST-GIS. The course was held at the Kadaster office in Willemstad, Curaçao. I look forward to future collaboration with Kadaster Curaçao.